Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Record Album Art.

About three years ago while picking through garage-sales with J & V I came across an old classical record. I instantly fell in love with the surreal, almost cubist art on the album cover and knew immediately that it would look great in a frame. Plus, the sellers only wanted a dollar for the record so it was a deal too good to pass up.


Sure, the cover was a little rough around the edges with wear, but the actual cover art was fairly well intact with only a few faint rub marks. The only problem was finding a frame to fit the odd size. Eventually I gave up and decided to trim that baby down to fit a frame we already owned. 


 The record case was just slightly too large for the frame, so after lining up the print so I was happy with how it looked I used the back insert as a guide & straight-edge. Using a box knife to score the paper where I was going to cut it, I was ready to roll.

This little 'art' project took at most ten minutes and cost less than ten dollars ($1 for the record, $6 for the frame), the best part is that it looks better than I would have guessed under glass. I'm still not sure what I am going to do with a lonely classical record but I have a feeling that I'll be able to find it a home soon enough.